A limited number of conference participants from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan und Uzbekistan might be eligible for travel stipends sponsored by supporting organisations like ***, ***, and EPU. These stipends will be awarded by the conference committee according to these requirements and criteria:
As part of the GISCA14 travel support framework, the Eurasia-Pacific Uninet (EPU) is planning to support conference attendance for scientists from its partner institutions. Based on high quality paper proposals, travel stipends will be awarded by the programme committee to a limited number of applicants depending on financial assistance to attend. Availability of EPU stipends depends on budget allocation and will tentatively be confirmed before the end of March, 2014.
- Candidates need to apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that they have no other means for financially supporting their conference participation from their home institution, projects or other institutions.
- Only applications by authors of accepted contributions will be considered; timely submission of a high quality abstract therefore will be essential.
- The final paper has to be accepted for publication in the conference proceedings.
- Only a maximum of one presenter per accepted paper is eligible to receive support.
- Travel stipends are expected to be paid out in cash upon registering at the conference venue.
- Information on the level of support (amount of travel stipend) will be announced here as soon as it becomes available